Thursday, August 18, 2011

Six

Jacob is 6 now.

Here is how we celebrated his special day.

We had a birthday party with some friends.
(Before the actual birthday so his best friend could come before he moved.)

It was a Lego birthday party.

We played "pin the dot on the Lego."

We played "pass the parcel."

We had a race to build the tallest tower.

We let everyone make their own creation and show it to the group.

We also played Lego Bingo and Lego Toss.

We had pizza dippers, fruit and veggies.
(With root beer of course.)

We ate some Lego red velvet cake.
Jacob had a great time.


On the actual special day:

We had a special breakfast!


I heard lunch was good too, but I missed it for a church thing. :) Yeah for a birthday playdate!

We had a special dinner.
Requested by Jacob: hamburgers, cheetos, corn, fruit salad, baked beans.

Jacob got phone calls from his grandmas!

His own Arnold Lobel books!

And just a few more Legos...

And a new game.
(Plus the requisite transformer and bakugans, because he still loves those too.)

Since we had cake at his party, he decided he wanted banana cream pie for the actual birthday. The recipe I have makes two, so we did one banana cream and one chunky monkey.

They both got a thumbs up from the birthday boy. :)

4 comments:

me said...

WOW JACOB!
You had quite the birthday this year. All those friends and fun and PRESENTS! Hope you had a great time on your special day(s).

Steve and Lindsey! said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!! Looks like you had so much fun!!! I want some of that lego cake... Red velvet sounds so good!!

suepeterson710 said...

Wow, what fun. The Lego cake is amazing as usual. At least he will NEVER have cause to say "I'm bored!" Teehee

Annie Leavitt said...

happy birthday jacob!