I should be cleaning out our storage cupboard in our computer room that's really supposed to be a formal dining room, but instead I've been working on making some cinnamon raisin oatmeal whole wheat bread. We'll see how it turns out.
While I wait for my milk and eggs to come to room temperature though, I wanted to tell you about a class Billy and I have been taking: Strengthening Marriage. It's taught by a couple at church each Sunday evening for about 6 weeks. I've heard about the strengthening marriage class before. I remember it being taught during church but you had to be invited to attend. We never were. But this time it was in the evening, so anyone who wanted one of the coveted spots could go.
We signed up.
As we walked in to our first class we were a little curious as to who would be in there. A bunch of newlyweds? Would we be the old folks?
As it turned out we've got a great bunch of couples and we are having so much fun. And learning a lot too: how we trigger negative emotions in our spouse without realizing it and how to avoid that, how we can better communicate, how we try to control our spouse when we shouldn't, and other things.
But the best part about this is Billy. It feels like we're dating again. He's made the bed a couple times in the last few weeks. He's left me notes before he goes to work. He got flowers "just because." He planned a date night.
So here's my unsolicited advice dear friends: find this class in your area and sign up. :)
2 comments:
LOVE IT!!! What a guy ... making the bed?!?! Now that is big :).
John and i actually taught that class in our San Antonio Ward.... great material. I agree... every should take the class.
beautiful flowers! and making the bed? whoahohohohoho.
Post a Comment